STCU News and Announcements
International Scientific Conference entitled, “Transboundary Emergent Animal Diseases: Actual Aspects of Biosafety and Control”305/336
05 Jun 2017 - 07 Jun 2017
On June 5 - 7, 2017, in Odessa, Ukraine, the International Scientific Conference entitled, “Transboundary Emergent Animal Diseases: Actual Aspects of Biosafety and Control” convened to discuss a number of urgent topics in veterinary and human medicine including:
- Evaluation of biological risks and risk management at animal transboundary diseases including zoonoses;
- Biosafety and biosecurity aspects;
- Epizootology, epidemiology, monitoring, diagnostics and prevention of transmissible diseases (African swine fever, Lumpy skin disease, Avian influenza, Bluetongue, Brucellosis etc.);
- Ecology and biology of vector- carriers of transmissible infection agents;
- Improvement of national strategies of reduction of biological threat and risks
of transboundary diseases spread taking into account international experience.
The National Scientific Center “Institute of Experimental and Clinical Veterinary Medicine” of the NAAS of Ukraine organized the event in cooperation with a number of other leading Ukrainian organizations. The conference brought together more than one hundred participants from approximately ten countries. Dr. Vlada Pashynska represented the STCU at the conference and presented the Center’s current initiatives and projects in the area of bio-safety and bio-security. During her presentation, Dr. Galyna Gergalova called attention to the achievements of STCU project P633, funded by the U.K. Department of Defense, that developed educational materials in bio-safety and bio-security for universities and educational organizations throughout Ukraine.